Energy storage provides peace of mind today, with the flexibility to maximize savings in the future.
Powerwall can provide a number of benefits including:
Shift Energy Group is a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer, which means we offer a customized solar-plus-battery solution that enables you to access the free, abundant power of the sun and reduces your reliance on existing grid.
With Powerwall you can store solar energy generated during the day for use any time. During the day, the sun shines on your solar panels, charging your battery. At night, your home draws electricity from your battery, powering your home with clean, sustainable energy 24/7.
Installing Powerwall with Shift is easy. We take care of everything from system design, engineering, permitting, installation, and commissioning.
Powerwall consists of a 14 kWh lithium-ion battery pack, liquid thermal control system, an integrated inverter and software that intelligently dispatches electricity when it’s needed most. The unit mounts seamlessly on a wall or on the ground, indoors or outdoors, and is connected to the grid to export excess energy, maximizing your opportunity for economic benefit.
A single Powerwall costs $10,800 + tax. This price does not include supporting hardware, shipping & handling, installation, electrical upgrades, permit fees, utility application/connection charges, taxes or optional solar power system. As per Tesla’s website, the final design and pricing will be based on your electrical panel, home energy usage, number of Powerwalls and where you would like your Powerwall installed. Here is a more detailed breakdown of typical costs associated with a turnkey Powerwall installation in Canada:
- $10,800 – Powerwall (13.5 kWh battery with integrated inverter)
- $1,550 – Backup Energy Gateway (Tesla’s supporting hardware that allows you to monitor, control and update your Powerwall via the Tesla app)
- $700 – $1,500 – Shipping & handling (Tesla Gigafactory USA to installation address)
- $1,300 – $3,900 – Labour (it typically takes 1-3 days to install Powerwall, depending on project complexity)
- $900 – Materials (conduit, cable, sub-panels, breakers, etc.)
- $250 – Permit fees (regional electrical safety authority)
- $1,000 – $2,500 – Project design & engineering
Pricing above assumes that Powerwall is being located within 5 feet of your main electrical panel and that all existing electrical panels and wiring are up to code.
Shift offers complete end-to-end installation and procurement of the Tesla Powerwall. We are a certified Tesla Powerwall installation partner and can help you choose the right Powerwall solution for your specific needs. Give us a call or fill out our form to get your no-obligation quote today.