We are excited about the newly announced Federal Rebates for home energy retrofits.
In response to this program, we would like to provide you with as much information as we currently have. More details are available on the program website:
Key highlights of the Canada Green Homes Grant program
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Must apply to the rebate program online: https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/make-your-home-more-energy-efficient/23443
- Complete a pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation via a certified Energy Advisor (apply online via program website)
- Complete at least one retrofit that is both eligible and recommended by your energy advisor in their report. Only homeowners who conduct at least one retrofit will be reimbursed.Provide and keep copies of all your documents until March 31, 2028.
Once you have completed your retrofits, you can expect reimbursement for:
- Up to $5,000 total ($1,000 per kW up to 5kW) for the implementation of eligible retrofits (including Photovoltaic) done after December 1, 2020.
- Up to $600 for the cost of your pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluations. You will not be reimbursed for the pre-retrofit evaluation unless you continue through the full Greener Homes Grant process. Please note that EnerGuide evaluations completed prior to December 1, 2020 are not eligible for reimbursement
Other notable stipulations include:
- Batteries connected to Photovoltaic systems are eligible for a $1,000 grant
- Unfortunately, new homes are not eligible for this grant
We hope you find this information useful and that it helps to answer some of your questions. To get all the information currently provided by the federal government, follow the link below: https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/make-your-home-more-energy-efficient/23443
If you plan to apply for the retrofit grant and go through the process of an EnerGuide evaluation, please contact us and let us know as it will dictate, to some degree, where we are able to place your solar installation on our calendar.
Want to get started?
Our team of energy efficiency and solar experts are here to help you at any time to answer any questions you may have about this program or solar. Reach out to us today.